Register at St. Mary’s University
Before You Begin
There are a couple of things you should know before you start choosing your courses.
Some of our courses are full-year courses. If the course number is even (e.g. ENGL 200), then the course will be conducted during the Fall and Winter terms. You must register for both halves of a full-year course, and must be in the same section (time slot) for the Fall and Winter term.
Some courses have labs and tutorials. Labs and tutorials are a crucial part of the class, and are not optional. A tutorial will be indicated by the letter ‘T’ (e.g. CHEM 201T-1) and a lab will be indicated by the letter ‘L’ (e.g. CHEM 201L-1).
Congratulations! You have been accepted as a student at St. Mary’s University. Now it is time to choose and register in the courses you will take in the upcoming term. (Read the FAQS for some general hints.) Here’s how you go about it:
1) You will receive a registration instruction package confirming your conditional or full admission to St. Mary’s. The package contains course timetables and a course registration form.
2) Once the admission confirmation form is processed, we will email you log-in information for our student self-service portal, my.StMU. You now have several options:
3) Any of the following:
- Log on to my.StMU and register for your courses there.
- Make an appointment to see an academic advisor who will take you step-by-step through the whole process. Call (403) 531-9130 to make an appointment.
4) Now that you are registered in your courses, sit back and wait with great anticipation for the first day of classes. If you change your mind about which classes to take or want to adjust your schedule, you can make changes without penalty until the change of registration deadline (usually about one week into the term).
5) Attend New Student Orientation, usually the day before classes start. Meet your professors and fellow students, and learn everything you need to know about being a student at St. Mary’s.
6) Pay your tuition and fees before the first day of classes (less the $200 deposit you made earlier.)
Register online by clicking here or talk to your high school counsellor.
Remember, we are always here to help you along the way. Call (403) 531-9130 for an appointment with an advisor at any time during your St. Mary’s experience.