Facilities for Rent
St. Mary’s University has several facilities available for external rentals. The following information is required for individuals and groups interested in renting our facilities: Please complete the form below or click here for a PDF version to fax in. View photos and get information on rates and capacity of our different rental facilities by visiting the facilities page you are interested in renting.
External rentals are from May 15 – August 15 due to the growth of our university.
|Building||Room Number||Capacity||Rate for 1st 3 hours||Additional Hourly Rate||Daily Maximum|
|McGivney Hall||Main Auditorium M100||Seated/273
|$700||$ 200/hour||$ 1,700|
|$500||$ 150/hour||$ 1,250|
|General||Various Classrooms||Seated 40||$175||$ 50/hour||$ 425|
|General||Various Classrooms||Seated 60||$210||$60/hour||$ 510|
- Amendments to contract after signing (1 free) thereafter $50 per amendment
- We reserve the right to impose surcharges for additional staffing coverage’s (Custodial or Security) $100 for the first 3 hours and $30 thereafter
- If setup is required, fees for events are $50 up to 60 people, or $75 per event for more than 60 people. Weddings or special events may have additional charges
- Cleaning fees: No food and beverage service – up to 60 people, $50/day, more than 60 people, $75/day
- Cleaning fees: Food and beverages served – up to 60 people, $75/day, more than 60 people, $210/day
- Projector: $75/day
Requirements for contracts
- All contracts must be signed to reserve the booking.
- Invoices must be paid 10 business days prior to the event.
- All rental fees and services provided are subject to GST.
- All contracts require a damage deposit of $500.00 and must be paid by credit card (this must be paid 10 days prior to the event, pending inspection of the space, the deposit will be returned within 10 business days).
- Renters must provide a copy of general liability insurance that states St. Mary’s University named on the policy for $2 million. This must be provided 10 days prior to the event.
- Renters must comply with all federal, provincial and municipal statutory laws and regulations as StMU is a smoke free environment.
- Tables and chairs are not guaranteed and additional cost may be accrued or required to be rented from an external source.
- Payment, deposit and insurance must be provided within 10 business days of the event or the reservation will be canceled.
Fr. Michael J. McGivney Hall – Main Auditorium (M100)
Le Fort Centre
Historic Upper Classroom L201
L201: 60, Seated
L101: 28, Seated
L001: 40, Seated
25 – 40