Fitness Centre Manager,
Certified Personal Trainer
Phone: (403) 254-3141
- Personal Trainer Diploma (NAIT)
- CSEP-CPT (Certified Personal Trainer, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology)
- NASM CES PES GPTS BCS FNS, (National Academy of Sports Medicine, Corrective Exercise Specialist, Performance Enhancement Specialist,
- Group Personal Training Specialist, Behaviour Change Specialist, Fitness Nutrition Specialist)
- EIMC Level 1, (Exercise is Medicine Canada)
- Bonefit Trained, (Osteoporosis Canada)
- NCCP Level 2 Athletics
I began my journey with StMU coaching Cross Country in the fall of 2012. At the time I was pursuing my Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma from NAIT as well as my Corrective Exercise Specialization and Performance Enhancement Specialization from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. As my relationship grew with StMU I did my practicum out of the Fitness Centre. After graduating in 2013 and working as a subcontractor out of the Fitness Centre for a year I became an employee as the Fitness Centre Manager in 2014. My passion lies in educating others about the health benefits of exercise and how everyone regardless of age can improve their fitness levels and performance goals. I believe one’s overall health, wellness and sports performance is a multifaceted mix of factors which makes everyone’s goals and outcomes unique. I enjoy creating programs for each individual based on their specific situation and desired goals.
I enjoy training for Obstacle Course racing and seeing how with sound systematic training the body responds and improves.
Likes: puzzles, Escape rooms, wine and popcorn, spending time outdoors camping and hiking, trying to sprout avocadoes and mangos
Obstacles are what you see when you lose sight of your goals.