Live-online SAFe Scrum Master 5.0
June 25 @ 7:00 am - June 26 @ 4:00 pm
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
St Mary’s University, in collaboration with Scaled Agile Gold Partner and ICAgile affiliate Appddiction Studio, are committed to providing educational continuity to all professional learners seeking the Agile mindset. To affirm this commitment, we are excited to announce our portfolio of SAFe® and ICAgile courses will now be offered, for the first time, in an online modality. Courses are delivered in collaboration with the University of Texas at San Antonio, are live-online and provide the same transformative content as face-to-face instruction.
Continue Your Agile Journey LIVE-ONLINE!
Next Course: June 25-26, 7am to 4pm;
Additional Upcoming Courses: July 9-10, 7am to 4pm; Oct 1-2, 7am to 4pm
Location: Zoom (Online)
Instructor: Tim Porter
Cost + GST: $900 full price, $850 early bird
Materials fee, if any: NONE
Contact email/person for Info: Twyla Kowalchuk, SAFe Agile Training Manager: email@example.com
Minimum and maximum enrollment: Minimum 5, Maximum 25
Early bird pricing is available up till 2 weeks before the class start dates.
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Printed workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 5 Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey