- This event has passed.
Live-online Leading SAFe 5.0
May 28 @ 7:00 am - May 29 @ 4:00 pm
During this two-day course, attendees gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®) and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps.
Participants in the class gain insights into mastering Business Agility in order to thrive in the competitive market. They discuss how to establish team and technical agility and organize and re-organize around the flow of value. They also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). Participants in the class explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and design thinking approach to agile product delivery. Learners also develop an understanding for implementing a Lean Portfolio Management function in their enterprise.
St Mary’s University, in collaboration with Scaled Agile Gold Partner and ICAgile affiliate Appddiction Studio, are committed to providing educational continuity to all professional learners seeking the Agile mindset. To affirm this commitment, we are excited to announce our portfolio of SAFe® and ICAgile courses will now be offered, for the first time, in an online modality. Courses are delivered in collaboration with the University of Texas at San Antonio, are live-online and provide the same transformative content as face-to-face instruction.
Continue Your Agile Journey LIVE-ONLINE!
Next Course: May 28-29, 7am to 4pm
Additional Upcoming Courses: July 18-19, 7am to 4pm;
Location: Zoom (Online)
Instructor: Tim Porter
Cost + GST: $900 full price, $850 early bird
Materials fee, if any: NONE
Contact email/person for Info: Twyla Kowalchuk, SAFe Agile Training Manager: email@example.com
Minimum and maximum enrollment: Minimum 5, Maximum 25
Early bird pricing is available up till 2 weeks before the class start dates.
- Understand the Seven Core Competencies of the Lean Enterprise
- Become a Lean-thinking manager-teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio Management
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains and suppliers with a Solution Train
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Establishing Team and Technical Agility
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
- Leading the transformation
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist exam
- One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- Experience in Scrum
- SAFe Agilist certificate
- A SAFe 5 Agilist digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist, which includes access to the SA Community of Practice
- A SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey