Cross Country ACAC Grand Prix #2
September 15 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| $6
St. Mary’s University Lightning
Cross Country ACAC Grand Prix #2/Open Race
New Balance Run Alberta Cross Country Series
In Support of the “Jordan Fish Memorial Scholarship at SAIT”
St. Mary’s University
Saturday, September 15, 2018
14500 Bannister Road SE, Calgary, AB
Entry Fee: – Early Registration preferred.
- Kids Race and High School Runners- $3.00 per individual
- ACAC Runners and Teams – $6.00 per entry (maximum $50.00 per Men’s and Women’s teams: $100.00 (per school).
- Open Runners – $6.00 per entry
- Payment can be made at registration on race day by cash, cheque). Make cheques payable to St. Mary’s University. On request invoices can be sent to ACAC Competing schools only.
- A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Jordan Fish Memorial Scholarship presented to SAIT by St. Mary’s University, the remainder will be directed to the St. Mary’s Cross Country Team.
Registration can be completed online by filling out the form below. Information or questions can be directed to Nathan Ruff via email Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 403-254-3770
Early registration would be preferred by September 12th at 5pm.
Jordan Fish was a member of the SAIT Trojans cross country and indoor track teams. Jordan suddenly passed away on January 4th 2015. Subsequently SAIT renamed its Cross Country race to the Jordan Fish Cross Country open and started the Jordan Fish Memorial Scholarship. The SAIT Trojans define a Trojan as a SAIT Student athlete with courage, determination and a fighting spirit. There is nobody that exhibited those attributes more than Jordan.
2km race @ 10:00am
High School Girls (Gr 10-12)
4km (2x2km Loop) @ 10:20am
High School Boys (Gr. 10-12)
4km (2x2km Loop) @ 10:45am
ACAC Women / Open
6km (3x2km Loop) @ 12:00pm
ACAC Men /Open
8km (4x2km Loop) @ 1:00pm
*High School Races have been submitted to ASAA for sanctioning and can only be run by High School team members*
*High School Racers are required to wear team uniforms*
All races will be held on the campus of St. Mary’s University -14500 Bannister Road SE
- 2km loop Course – Primarily on grass and trails, four sections will cross campus roadway and pathways, each crossing will be covered with carpet runners. Course will be marked with flags and ribbons throughout the 2km route. Marshalls will be distributed throughout the course to provide direction to runners.
- Parking – campus parking is free for all cars and trucks, recommendation for parking in the lot in front of McGivney Hall, Bus parking to be on Providence Blvd (146 Ave) adjacent to start and finish lines.
- Campus entrance from Bannister Road will be closed for the race event, all entry to campus on Sept 15th will be redirected to Providence Blvd (146 Ave) entrance.
- Washroom facilities be located in the LeFort, Heritage and McGivney buildings.
- Optional Bag drop location will be located in the H100 Classroom in the Heritage building. Will have volunteers in H100 to protect bags
- St. Mary’s Bistro in the LeFort building will be open for food, snacks and beverages
- Showers and change facilities are available in the LeFort Centre (Lower level)
- Kids Race – Club teams and Junior High School
- High Schools – Grade 10-12 runners – *Runners need to wear team uniform*
- ACAC Men, ACAC Women, Open Men and Open Women
- Team Event (ACAC)