Bachelor of Education After Degree – Admission Requirements
Applications are now closed and will reopen on October 1, 2019 for Fall 2020
Apply in 2 Steps
Apply Online $100 application fee (non-refundable) $50 re-application fee if you have previously applied to Education (non-refundable)
Submit the following supporting documents;
Academic Records – Transcripts
Applicants with Post-Secondary Degrees
- Official transcripts from participating ApplyAlberta institutions will be requested on behalf of the applicant
- Official transcripts for all other post-secondary institutions (non-participating ApplyAlberta institutions) must be requested by the applicant and submitted directly to St. Mary’s University. Transcripts must remain sealed to be considered official
- Applicants who have completed their undergraduate degree at St. Mary’s University do not need to submit transcripts
- High school transcripts are not required
Applicants with International Credentials
- Provide all original transcripts and/or documentation from previous educational institutions, including exact translations from qualified translator if the documentation is not already in English
- Provide an assessment completed by the International Qualification Assessment Service (IQAS), which compares international educational standards to Canada
Include all work and volunteer experience
Letters of Reference
Three references using the Confidential Reference on Applicant form. References are a rating of the applicant’s personal and professional qualities by three referees who know the individual in different capacities as a learner, worker and leader. Please use the forms below: If you wish to fill out the form and submit online: Confidential Reference on Applicant form If you wish to mail and/or give to applicant: Confidential Reference on Applicant form Referees may also write a standard reference letter if preferred.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
For all international applicants and/or individuals whose first language is not English, the evidence accepted by the University is the internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL-iBT). The minimum standard scores required in the four categories are 27 in speaking, 25 in writing, 23 in listening and 23 in reading.
Supporting documents are submitted separately from the online application. The application is considered complete when all the supporting documentation has been received and will be reviewed after that date.
Documents may be submitted by fax, mail, email or in person to:
St. Mary’s University
14500 Bannister Road SE
Calgary, Alberta T2X 1Z4
All students entering practicum will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector security clearance on their own and forward it to St. Mary’s University for their student file. Students are responsible for providing their assigned practicum school(s) copies of their police check in accordance with the school’s policies. Police checks are not a requirement of admission and do not need to be obtained until admission has been offered.
Applications open October 1, 2019.
Apply early as spaces are limited. We will be offering early admission on a rolling basis. For applicants who have not yet completed their first degree at the time of application to the Bachelor of Education (After-Degree) program, offers of admission will be ‘conditional’ until final transcripts are received, indicating that the degree has been conferred. Please be advised that all degree requirements must be completed in the winter semester preceding the fall intake of the education program.