In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19, all Spring/Summer courses will be delivered remotely. St. Mary’s University has made the change to protect the safety of our community, as we are making every effort to maintain a quality experience and to offer additional learning opportunities for our students. We remain committed to bringing students the quality learning experience they expect from St. Mary’s.
The spring term will start on May 4, 2020
Online instructions will be sent out next week by the IT Department
Helpful Information as you begin online instructions
- Continue to check your StMU email frequently. Your email will be used to convey targeted and essential information.
- Textbooks are being sold through the bookstore. We will be accepting orders via email.
The Online Bookstore is almost ready and you will be notified when it becomes active. More information will be available next week in regards to the website and book availability.
Orders will be available by curbside pick-up or shipped to the address you provide.
For those who would like for us to call them back and begin to process an order over the phone please email firstname.lastname@example.org and leave your name, contact info and the class or classes you are taking. We will begin to call students back April 21st. This could take couple of days depending on the volume so please be patient.
- Although campus is closed, St. Mary’s continues to offer you essential student support services, including academic advising, counseling services, accommodations, student aid, registration and more. Please email email@example.com for contact information.
- The maximum allowable credits that students may be registered in Spring and Summer is 6 per term (2 courses per term).
- If you require your StMU Password reset, use the blue “reset password” link on the My.StMU login. If that is unsuccessful contact Enrolment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for further reset information.
- If you do not have Wi-Fi, Shaw has opened its Go Wi-Fi network https://www.shaw.ca/covid-19 free of charge. You do not need to be a Shaw customer.
In recognition of the hardships faced by our students due to the COVID-19 crisis, the University administration, supported by the Student Legislative Council, has approved some measures to make the Spring/Summer term more affordable for you.
- Payment deadline has been extended to May 22.
- Payment Plan option for Spring 2020 has been added. First payment due May 22 and the second payment is due June 12.
- Athletic Fees and Student Association Fees will not be charged for the Spring 2020 term.
Payment of fees
- Spring 2020 tuition can be paid by credit card through self-service at my.StMU.
- Student Loan payments – funding now goes directly to students.
- If you have applied for a student loan, the Enrolment Services Office will confirm your enrolment status and will be requesting that all funds go directly to you, by deposit to your personal bank account.
- It will be your sole responsibility to pay your tuition through self-service at My.StMU with your loan funding.
Drop/add period and other important dates
|May 6||Last day to register or to change registration for courses in Spring 2020|
|May 22||Deadline to pay Spring fees|
|May 22||Deadline for first payment on Payment Plan|
|June 2||Deadline for second payment on Payment Plan|
|June 19||Last Day of Classes for Spring term|
|June 22-26||Final examinations for Spring term|
We care about you and your academic success and are doing everything we can to ensure continuity and support for you in these challenging times.
Stay well, stay home and watch MyStMU.ca for further updates and information.