Academic Writing Institute
Starting University this September?
Attend the summer Academic Writing Institute
August 26 – 30, 2019 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Prepare for success at university
- Enhance your academic writing guided by our professors
- Practice writing strategies with current university students
- Strengthen your critical thinking skills Take your writing to the next level
Did you know that:
- University writing is different and more challenging than what you experienced in high school
- Every student can develop academic writing skills with hard work and guidance
- Investing one week in the Writing Institute will give you a distinct advantage
$275 (+ GST) fee is due at the time of registration. Students may cancel their registration and receive a refund (minus a $50 administration fee) up to August 17, 2019. After this date, no refunds are given for cancellation. For more information: email@example.com
Take your writing to the next level
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Academic Writing Institute be included in my official transcript? Yes. While not for credit and upon successful completion, it will be included in your St. Mary’s University official transcript (pass/fail grade).
Is it only open to incoming St. Mary’s University Students? Students starting postsecondary education at any university or college are welcome to register. St. Mary’s University incoming students are strongly encouraged to attend.
Will my academic writing improve? Yes. Guided by your instructor and supported by current StMU students, you will enhance your academic writing skills.
Does the registration fee include materials? Yes.
Do I need to bring my own lunch? Yes.
How Can We Help?
CLASS is a welcoming place where you can study, use the computers, meet with a peer-mentor and enhance your academic writing and course content comprehension. You can also discuss with our staff any academic issues such as note taking, time management, essay writing or any other school-related questions! If you have any questions, please view the FAQ by clicking here.